Sunday, March 10, 2013

Automatic Writer

I took this humor writing course on Friday from the Gotham's Writer's Workshop. And the instructor who weirdly reminded me of a cross between Bill Nye the Science guy and Joel McHale made mention of automatic writing. Basically writing without really editing or anything like that. And that it is good practice to write and write and write. So I decided I can blog five minutes of writing before I go to sleep every night. And just write about anything. Either it is stuff for my other blog or just random stream of consciousness stuff. The class was really good and I thought that alot of my writing was excellent. I got lots of laughs especially with my Red Sonja pages and my tour guide descriptions of Manhattan.  I see all the red lines for misspellings in the paragraph above and its driving me a little crazy. Perhaps there should be an automatic editor blog. Oy. I really need to fix some of that stuff or become a better typist. Ok once my five minutes is up I will fix the spelling mistakes. Because if not it is almost unreadable.

No comments:

Post a Comment